Jul 23, 2018
TH 405 - Practicum in Theological Studies
This course integrates theoretical knowledge and reflection with practical experience under the guidance of a field supervisor and faculty mentor. The practicum is designed for the mature student nearing completion of the bachelor’s degree.
Prerequisites & Notes
- TH 101, TH 220, TH 226, TH 330;
- Consultation with advisor: TH 405 requires a three-month pre-enrollment period for preliminary research and practicum setup before the student’s start date; therefore, the student must begin the process three months prior to the actual enrollment start date.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Plan and execute a pastoral field experience.
- Integrate theological knowledge and reflection with practical experience.
- Sharpen communication skills through collaboration with the practicum supervisor, faculty mentor, and any persons involved with or affected by the field experience.
- Deepen ones understanding of vocation.
- Explore, with a view to discerning, a specific vocational direction.
- Develop a Program Model that can be adapted for wider use.
- Assess the outcomes of the practicum experience according to the objectives set forth in the Practicum Contract.
[Add to Portfolio]