TH 211 - Foundations of Catholic Spirituality
This course explores the relationship between God and the human person. It considers Eastern and Western models of spirituality with special focus on the experiences of personal and communal prayer as a means of developing and living a deeply Christian spiritual life.
Assignments: 6 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify the unique features of Catholic spirituality as Catholic.
- Reflect intellectually on the sources of Catholic spirituality.
- Recognize that life in Christ is the essence of Catholic spirituality.
- Discuss how the saints are unique sources for understanding Catholic spirituality.
- Identify the roles that prayer, meditation, and contemplation play in Catholic spirituality.
- Explain how Catholic spirituality is related to the social doctrine of the Church.
[Add to Portfolio]