MG 101 - Introduction to Management
An examination of the decision-making process as it affects individuals and groups. It discusses principles and techniques of business as they relate to the planning, organization, coordination, leadership, direction, and controlling of the business enterprise. Reviews the day-to-day problems faced by managers, focusing on how to solve them.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: None
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe what management is and how it affects the successful operation of an organization.
- Explain the challenges involved in effective decision making and the role leadership plays in the successful deployment of the decision.
- Identify organizational structures and how they reinforce the strategic intent of the organization.
- Discuss how effective human resources practices support the success of the organization.
- Describe a strategic planning process and identify the manager’s role in this process.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)