Oct 24, 2017
MA 105 - College Algebra
This course is designed to give you a solid foundation in algebra, preparing you for more advanced courses such as statistics, finite mathematics, and computer science. The focus of the course will be to show how algebra can model and solve authentic real-world problems. Topics will include functions, linear equations and inequalities, systems of linear equations and inequalities, polynomials, rational expressions and equations, radicals, quadratic equations, and exponential and logarithmic equations.
Prerequisites & Notes
Working knowledge of beginning algebra.
Assignments: 4 Units
Final Assessment: Proctored Final Exam
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Apply your knowledge of algebra to solve linear equations and inequalities.
- Use your problem-solving skills to create mathematical models.
- Perform operations of real numbers, polynomials, and radicals.
- Apply your knowledge of algebra to solve quadratic equations.
- Solve exponential equations.
- Solve logarithmic equations.
[Add to Portfolio]