May 24, 2018
HA 615 - Strategic Human Resources Management
Addresses the management of personnel in health care organizations, including organizational structure, staffing, unionism, worker productivity, and performance evaluation. Managerial tools used in recruitment, personnel supervision, organizational control, and leadership are reviewed. Case studies are used to engage the student in the practical application of theories and practices of personnel management, quality of work life, workforce, planning, management development, and compensation systems.
Assignments: 12 weekly assignments
Interactivity: Weekly live session
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizational, legal, and environmental forces that create the framework for human resource management.
- Evaluate and redesign processes and programs to target the organizational mission and goals.
- Understand the strategic components of human resource management, and analyze opportunities in your workplace.
- Apply the principles and practices of this course in the health care field, particularly as it relates to the following:
- Diverse personnel working in the health care field.
- The role of human resource management as it applies to all aspects of the workplace.
- Changes in the workplace due to changes in the demographics of the workforce.
- The relationship of workplace components and their collective ability to meet health care industry demands.
- Legal requirements pertaining to the labor force.
[Add to Portfolio]