Oct 20, 2021
HA 353 - Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration
Provides an introduction to law and the legal process as it relates to health administration. It includes areas of public accountability; liability and health care providers; rights of patients; and administrative and business law for health care organizations.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 205 or LTC 210.
Term-based with 12 weekly lessons and a final
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain key concepts regarding the legal aspects of health care administration.
- Apply major theories and doctrines that frame health care law.
- Describe the basis, structure, and process of the legal system in the United States today.
- Evaluate the scope of accountability of organizations, health care administrators, and trustees in various situations.
- Discuss legal issues and accountabilities regarding professional licensure and scope of practice.
- Determine the administrative obligations in relation to consents, protections, confidentiality, and patients’ rights.
- Describe the legal aspects of antitrust, corporate status, and corporate compliance in health care today.
- Assess and discuss the relationship between the law and legal doctrines, and personal and clinical ethics in administrative decision making.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)