ED 534 - Community Relations and Communication
Examines the relationships of the school system and its community, and their influences upon each other, stressing the importance of mutual understanding. Processes for identifying mutual interests through appropriate information sharing are emphasized, as are techniques to assist clarity in bargaining and effectiveness in public communication.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the context and need for communications and community relations programs in educational organizations.
- Organize the communications function in schools.
- Identify and determine the communication needs of the various internal and external education publics.
- Use basic interpersonal and mass media communication skills.
- Develop and evaluate a school communications and community relations plan.
- Communicate in crises and other special situations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)