HE 200 - Introduction to Community Health
This course introduces the student to the field of community health. The relationship between coordinating networks, health service organizations, government, and voluntary-based agencies will be introduced. Students will experience a cursory exposure to health education and health promotion as a profession.
4 Units and a Final assignment. Each unit consists of a quiz, discussion item and written paper.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe the nature of community health initiatives and program planning.
- Identify health-related issues for given populations within a community.
- Identify health-related organizations at the local, state, national, and international level.
- Assess community health needs and implement programming to address those needs.
- Identify the health profiles for the various age groups – infant, child, adolescents, young adults, and adults – listing the major risk factors associated with health-related issues.
Credits: 3 Offered: Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)