Aug 10, 2020
TH 224 - Pastoral Ministry
This course examines theological foundations of pastoral ministry based on the nature, mission and ministry of the Church. The course will emphasize the nature, purpose, and tasks of pastoral ministry in the history of the Church.
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Define key terminology concerning pastoral ministry.
- Identify the task, nature, and purpose of pastoral ministry.
- Correlate the history of pastoral ministry and its development with the contemporary understanding of ecclesial ministry.
- Identify the vocations and ministries within the Church.
- Explain the definition, purpose, and nature of Church.
- Identify the ministry of the Apostles and their co-workers on whom the Church’s foundations are built.
- Recognize the elements of the call narrative and understand ones own call emanating from our Baptism.
- Examine the pastoral initiatives set forth for the third Millennium.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)