Jan 25, 2021
MG 307 - Small Business Management
Explores the role of the small business in the American economy. The various forms of business ownership, financing, risk management, human resource management, marketing, and the necessary information systems will be examined in-depth. Emphasis will be placed on the formulation of a comprehensive business plan.
- Assignments: 15 Week Course
- Interactivity: 4 Units
- Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Assess the personality characteristics typical of an entrepreneur.
- Identify the practical business skills needed to operate a small business.
- Communicate in the language of small business.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the validity of a business idea.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan (including the marketing and financial sections).
- Assess factors demonstrating small business growth and their consequences.
- Discuss technology applications for improving small business margins.
- Illustrate the relationship of administrative, internal systems to external systems of sales and customer service.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)