LTC 450 - Nursing Home Administration
Designed to help students apply the knowledge and skills acquired in earlier courses to the specific field of nursing home administration. It covers such topics as operational management, finance, human resources, residential care, and environmental management, dealing with those subjects in the context of nursing home administration. It is designed to assist students in passing the national examination required by all 50 states for licensure as a nursing home administrator.
Prerequisites & Notes
All required core courses must be completed before enrolling in this course, unless specifically approved by the designated Faculty Mentor or Program Director.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Online Final Exam, Password Protected
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the nature of the nursing home environment and its unique requirements for administration.
- Determine how to apply the philosophies, theories, principles, and concepts of management to nursing home settings.
- Analyze the nature of the interactions among the various segments of the nursing home organization.
- Clarify the appropriate roles of customers in the long-term care system and the role of the nursing home administrator in meeting the needs of those customers.
- Locate and review the legal and regulatory requirements and their impact on administration of a nursing home organization.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)