Aug 10, 2020
ITM 209 - Integrating People and Technology in Office Suite Applications
Introduces students to the computer environment of today’s business office using Microsoft Office 2010 and other generally used software. The course will include basic computer concepts, information technology ethics, Internet concepts, current issues of information technology, e-mail etiquette, Web development, presentation software, project management, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics.
Prerequisites & Notes
Microsoft Office 2010 is required. Students will not be able to use a Mac with Office 2010 as it is not compatible.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Use proper email etiquette.
- Become self-sufficient in finding office application functions by using Help screens, tutorials, and Internet resources.
- Use Microsoft Office 2010.
- Create an audio and video slide show from a digital-camera download.
- Use compression software to transfer large files and multiple files.
- Use a chat session.
- Create a Web site with links to other sites, documents, and pages.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)