Aug 10, 2020
HA 330 - Healthcare Administration: Management Foundations
Integrates the current thinking about the management of health care organizations. It is a multidisciplinary approach covering leadership, motivation, work design, power, influence, and organizational change.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 205, LTC 210, or NU 300.
Assignments: 4 Units and a final paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon the completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize the factors that contribute to the complexity of health care delivery in the United States for the twenty-first century.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Apply the various theories of employee motivation.
- Apply the factors that contribute to high-performing teams.
- Utilize effective communication techniques.
- Differentiate between productive and dysfunctional conflict.
- Apply conflict management techniques.
- Implement a quality improvement process.
- Apply a process to plan and implement information technology improvements.
- Understand the concepts of strategy and strategic management.
- Explain the factors that lead to health care alliances.
- Identify the most important federal and state regulatory programs and how they affect health care management.
- Identify the key concepts of health care consumerism.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)