FY 100 - The Art of Student Success
This course is designed to provide opportunities for students to engage in introspection and self-evaluation so that they can succeed in an online college environment. Through guided self-reflection, students will evaluate their English, math, and research skills and identify resources that will help them improve upon these skills. Students will gain an understanding of the financial responsibilities of obtaining a degree, as well as become familiar with the college’s policies, tools, and resources. A guided, self-reflective approach to creating a strategy for degree completion will be the final assignment in the class.
Course Learning Objectives
· Demonstrate familiarity with college policies and resources.
· Self-evaluate English, math, academic writing, and research skills, and determine how these skills correspond to academic success.
· Identify relevant resources that will address priority skill areas.
· Recognize the full cost of a college degree, and understand the responsibility involved in any corresponding student loan debt.
· Develop a plan for success, through introspection and self-evaluation, to achieve academic goals.
· Demonstrate basic skills associated with conducting research.
Credits: 3 credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)