Oct 01, 2020
HIM 320 - Reimbursement Methodologies
Provides an understanding of the fundamental reimbursement concepts and methods of health care systems and describes the role of the manager, health information manager, and personnel. Strategies for compliance are examined, as well as charge master management, case mix management, payment systems, a variety of payment or insurance plans, as well as the revenue cycle process.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 205, HIM 250, HIM 260
- Assignments: 4 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Manage the use of clinical data required in prospective payment systems (PPS) in health care delivery.
- Manage the use of clinical data required in other reimbursement systems in health care delivery.
- Participate in the selection and development of applications and processes for charge master and claims management.
- Implement and manage processes for compliance and reporting.
- Participate in revenue cycle management.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)