Sep 18, 2020
MA 105 - College Algebra
This college course assumes a working knowledge of beginning algebra skills. It covers properties of real numbers, solving linear equations and inequalities, formulas and literal equations, graphs of linear functions, scientific notation, rules of exponents, polynomials, rational expressions, radical expressions, solving and graphing quadratic equations, complex numbers, exponential and logarithmic functions, and application problems.
Prerequisites & Notes
Working knowledge of beginning algebra.
Assignments: 4 Units
Final Assessment: Proctored Final Exam
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Apply your knowledge of algebra to solve linear equations and inequalities.
- Use your problem-solving skills to create mathematical models.
- Perform operations of real numbers, polynomials, and radicals.
- Apply your knowledge of algebra to solve quadratic equations.
- Solve exponential equations.
- Solve logarithmic equations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)