Sep 18, 2020
LTC 352 - Long-Term Care Laws and Regulations
Acquaints students with the current state of long-term care regulations as well as the dynamics behind them. It specifically addresses the OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) regulations, which require major changes in the way in which long-term care is delivered. It requires students to demonstrate familiarity with state and local statutes and regulations.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 205 or LTC 210
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Differentiate between the organizational structures within government branches and their respective roles in the formation of Long-Term Care Rules and Regulations.
- Appraise and implement a practical Resident Bill of Rights In-Service Plan for all employees and residents.
- Differentiate End-of-Life treatment components.
- Submit acceptable plans of corrections to Federal and State Long-Term Care Regulatory agencies.
- Identify alternatives to nursing home care.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)